2009 - In Review
Two thousand nine was a pretty good year. I thought I’d stop for a moment to reflect on some of the major events of the year. So here they are in no particular order:
- My startup, Caring.com, received it’s Series B funding. I’m really proud of my entire company, we’re an awesome team on an awesome mission.
- My Father-in-law, Michael Mazur, died of cancer. Mike was a jack of all trades and a master typesetter and printer. Telling my three and a half year old daughter was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I miss him dearly.
- My open source projects, Sass and Compass, really grew up. I’m really having a great time working on this project. I have met some truly amazing people that I would have never met otherwise. Through this experience have found simultaneously confidence and humility.
- I took a cruise with my entire family to Alaska. I had a fantastic time with them, even though the Princess Cruise ship we were on was crap. Seriously, I’m taking Norwegian next time. Oh and I convinced some woman I didn’t know to wear the most hideous shoes in existence.
- I forgot about my 5th wedding anniversary back in August. So did my wife, Julia. That’s ok though, we’ll be celebrating our 6th anniversary in 10 days (we were married twice). She’s an awesome wife and I love her dearly. This has been a busy year for me and she has been beyond supportive.